WHAT DO WE OFFER
Information and advice
VLESP informs and advices about suicide, suicide prevention, postvention and mental health promotion.
Additionally, VLESP acts as an advisory body for the Flemish Government and for organisations working in suicide prevention and postvention.
Development of methods and tools
The activities of VLESP regarding the development of tools and methods include:
- Developing and creating new methods and tools for the promotion of mental health and the prevention and postvention of suicide. Click here for an overview of our projects.
- Encouraging and monitoring the dissemination of these methods and materials in Flanders.
- Offering support and advice to organisations and stakeholders who want to develop new suicide prevention or postvention initiatives.
- Staying up to date with new developments in suicide prevention and postvention.
VLESP contributes to the implementation of methods and tools on suicide prevention, postvention and mental health promotion.
Coordination of the Flemish Suicide Prevention Action Plan
VLESP is responsible for different aspects of the coordination of the Flemish Suicide Prevention Action Plan
- Registering and monitoring the latest epidemiological trends and developments.
- Leading the evaluation of the actions within the Flemish Suicide Prevention Action Plan and suggest adjustments, where necessary.
- Communicating about the different actions and the Flemish Suicide Prevention Action Plan to the general public.
- Monitoring the pre-conditions of the Flemish Suicide Prevention Action Plan.
Looking for immediate help?
Call 1813 for the suicide helpline, or visit Zelfmoord 1813 to chat or e-mail (only in Dutch).